Wednesday, 27 April 2011
Pregnancy worries/labour panic!
I keep finding myself drifting off into my own little world when it comes to my pregnancy, I'll be laid in the bath and all off a sudden I'm in a blind panic about my labour (which I'm hoping is in the birthing pool, hence the bath panic I suppose) and what its going to feel like, and the massive issue of squeezing a melon sized head through my vagina! Now I know millions of women have done it and are doing it as I type right now but that really offers me no reassurance whatsoever when it comes to my own labour bubble. I just keep going through in my mind, sheer blind panic, 'Holy sh*t, I can't do this, it's not humanly possible, its going to hurt so much!' then moments of calm, when I think 'Of course I can do this, I'm a women, my body is designed to do this wonderful, natural thing'. I secretly wish I could just wake up one day and she would be here, delivered by stalks, or found under the gooseberry bush like my Mum used to tell me, but we all know that is wishful thinking and yes it's going to hurt like hell, but she will be worth it in the end!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chick, that thought is 100% natural and you WILL suprise yourself when you do go into labour. When i sat in the labour room when we first arrive i sat and smiled (2 weeks late aswell). The midwife said I was too happy. LOL. But at the end of the day, it is something that has to happen and it will fall into place and you will be suprise at how you adapt and manage it. :) Don't think about it to much, try and relax and enjoy your bump, because this time in a week or two... you will be missing your lovely bump and will have to learn to live without it :) xxxx *sobs a bit LOL*
ReplyDeleteI think I'll cope just fine, or I keep telling myself that anyway! And that I suppose is the best way to think xx
ReplyDeleteYou will chick :)chin up!!! :) xx
ReplyDelete